Japan has many noteworthy castles, but Himeji Castle stands in a league of its own. Himeji Castle is ranked No1 as a castle on TripAdvisor’s 2019 Best Attraction Ranking by Foreign Travelers. Why don’t you come and find the reasons for this?
Himeji castle built in 1609 has been survived for over 400 years. Never besieged nor destroyed by war or accidental fires, Himeji castle retains its original form, with the original building, defensive devices and layout to fight. Though being built as a fortress to fight, Himeji castle has been called “the White Heron Castle” for its white plaster-coated exterior.
This Japanese garden was constructed in 1992 at the sight of the former Samurai residences. In the American “Journal of Japanese Garden”, this garden has always been in the top 25 among more than 800 domestic gardens.
Mt. Shosha Engyoji Temple
Engyoji temple has a 1000-year history as an awe-inspiring religious site. The temple is well-known as a filming location for the 2003 movie “ The Last Samurai ” starring Tom Cruise and Watanabe Ken.
Guiding fee /per person
●Himeji castle ￥3,300（about 2hours）
●Himeji castle＋Kokoen Garden ￥4,400（about 3hours）
●Himeji castle＋Mt.shosha ￥6,600（about 5hours）
Please pay the tour fee at the meeting place.
Not included : Lunch, Beverages, Travel expenses to the meeting place and during the tour, Admission fee.
In front of Central Exit of JR Himeji Station or Himeji Castle Main Gate “Otemon”
If you cancel your reservation, the following cancellation fees and remittance charge will be charged:
1) 7-3 days before the program day : 20% of the program fee
2) 2 days before the program day : 50% of the program fee
3) one day before, on the departure day, or cancellation without notice : 100% of the program fee
1) Please follow the guide’s instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident causes by disregard of the instructions.
2) Please advise us if you have any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or the case where you would like to request a special care for participants, including children. Please email us at e-mail （ firstname.lastname@example.org ）to check an availability and share the information.
For inquiries, please contact Himeji convention support.